Powered By Blogger

Pages

Search This Blog

Monday, July 20, 2009

Six is not that much worse than three.

I honestly did not know how I was going to adapt to having SIX kids under the age of 10 years in my house. I thought I would go start raving batshit. The 3 grandsons that live with me are loud, smelly, obnoxious and they pee on the walls - because they can't seem to hit the toilet. I raised 2 girls. Talk about a world of difference.
And then my eldest walked in the front door with her three kids. I hadn't seen them in 5 years. Her daughter, my only granddaughter just fell into my arms. I buried my face into her neck and cried so softly I don't think anyone knew. My heart exploded with happy.
That little girl has me so wrapped around her finger. She went to the Walmarts with me and conned me into a stuffed dog in a carrying case, a new shirt, pizza rolls and ice cream.
And my oldest grandson, so handsome! And he loves to cook. He has made cookies a couple of times and made cupcakes tonight. I got him a cookbook for kids. I am going to have him pick out a couple of recipes, make a menu and go grocery shopping with me for the meal(s).
And the middle boy. What a love. He has the most vibrant eyes! He loves basketball and is just so danged sweet. I just want to hug him every time I see him. In fact, I think I will right now.

Escuse me while I go get some grandboy hugs.

I took the boys to Museum of the Wierd and of course had them pick out souvenier t-shirts.

Did some of the touristy stuff.

I seriously don't know if I can let them go. Ever.

No comments: