Powered By Blogger

Pages

Search This Blog

Thursday, September 3, 2009

I never want to walk in those shoes

originally published 8/28/06

So I am watching the Katrina special on NBC. There is so much that the news never showed. My heart aches for those who lost so much. I have a cousin who lost everything. I see the bitterness in the words he writes about how the governenment let the people down. I have old friends who have nothing left and are sruggling to make ends meet.

My heritage is in South Louisiana. It seems to be all gone, at least physically. The spirit, though, in my mind, lives on.

I wish I could help. I wish I could do something. I feel like my hands are tied I mean, I donated clothing and household goods. That is all I could do. I just wish it could have been more.

My heart aches. I was just in tears watching this show.

This catastrophic event was not a lie perpetuated by our so called leaders. The lie is in the knowing what was happening and the sin is failing to do anything about it.

bastards.

No comments: